I want to thank the students, staff and community members for the great start we have had in our 2014-2015 school year. As we move into October, it is difficult to believe that we are approaching the end of our first grading period (Oct.17th). Grade cards will be distributed to the students during the week of October 20-24th.
The National Honor Society induction ceremony will be held on Sunday, October 12th at 2:00 in the auditeria. Congratulations to the new inductees as well as the current members. Placement in the NHS is a prestigious honor that you and your family can be extremely proud of. I invite the community and parents to
attend and honor these and current NHS members.
As we are past the midterm of the first grading period, I would like to emphasize the importance paying your son’s/daughter’s school fees. If you are unable to pay the entire amount at once, please contact the school and set up a payment plan so the debt will be cleared by the end of the 2014-2015 school year.
Any junior or senior who hasn’t passed all five sections of the Ohio Graduation Test (Reading, Mathematics, Writing, Science & Social Studies) will take the particular test(s) during the week of October 27-31st. The student is responsible for being in attendance for the assigned dates. We have spoken with those students and assigned them a content teacher to provide support in preparing for the content test. Please be in communication with your student about his/her progress in preparing for success on the test.
Again this year, we emphasize the importance of communication between the community and school. I encourage the staff to contact at least two parents each week. I extend the encouragement to the community as well. Effective communication between community and school plays a vital role in our district’s continual growth philosophy.
- October 2 LifeTouch Pictures (grades 6-12)
- October 10 Academic Boosters Annual Chicken Dinner
- October 13 Jostens to speak with Seniors about Graduation Packets
- October 16 Board of Education Meeting (6:00pm)
- October 17 End of First Grading Period
- October 22 Anticipated Distribution of Grade Cards
- October 23 Jostens-Seniors order Graduation Packets
- October 27-31 OGT Re-takes
- October 28 Parent-Teacher Conference (4:00 – 7:00pm)
- October 31 No School – Waiver Day