January Newsletter 2015
I sincerely hope that the Christmas break provided everyone with the opportunity to spend quality time with family and friends. As we are returning from Christmas break, it signifies the beginning of the second semester of the 2014-2015 school year.
The first semester grades will be verified on Monday, January 5th and will be available to students on Wednesday, January 7th. The student’s grades will be accessible on Progressbook and encourage parents/guardians to review them. If you have any questions, please contact the teacher.
As we begin a new semester, I again encourage you to monitor your student’s grades on Progressbook. This on-line grade book is an effective way to track/monitor your student’s progress in each class. If you have any questions regarding an assignment or grade, please contact the teacher. This communication is a two-way street; the administration highly encourages our teachers to make contact with the parents as well. Having an open line of communication is a contributing factor of improvement and success.
As we have completed the first semester of the 2014-2015 school year, I want to remind everyone about the student fees. The middle/high school office will be mailing out letters to those families who haven’t paid their student’s fees. Seniors will need to have all fines/fees paid to be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony.
The following are upcoming events in January 2014:
- Classes resume on Monday, January 5th
- Basketball: High School Staff vs PC Tigers on Friday, January 23rd at 1:30p.m.
- No School (Monday, January 20th) : Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- No School (Tuesday, January 21st): Professional Development for K-12 Staff
- Financial Aid Night – Mrs. Rogge is holding a financial aid night for Juniors/Seniors and their parents in the Auditeria at 6:30p.m.